Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The difference between students in 101 and 102

Kwoya: So far this semester I have enjoyed teaching 102 more than 101 because of my students. I felt pressured to baby my students first semester because they were so insecure and uninformed about the expectations of college. These students are a lot more confident and comfortable. The class is definitely more lively and more interesting for me to teach. I am finding teaching to be a challenge because in addition to teaching two classes, I'm taking three classes and working on my thesis. There have been so many days when I didn't even want to teach! I feel mentally drained all week. However, having a more excitable bunch of students this semester has really helped. Its given me more energy than I would have other wise.

No comments: